Monday, February 27, 2012

Escape


Day three the escape from the heat of the city.
I was expiring quickly from the heat of Athens, I jumped on the green line and it took me to the Port of Piraeus practically holding my breath. Bought the ferry ticket and I was whisked away by the mighty ferry and it took me to Aegina the closest one day trip and desperately looking for something to like in Greece I had to see at least one island. And a very relaxed 1.15 min later we arrived at the sandy beaches with pristine waters, a smile over took my expression and my camera came out ready for our adventure.
So I could not just lay around all day and  it was the middle of the day and I just can’t lay in the sun I might just get a tan and that would just ruin my whole look!!! so anyways hopped on a bus to the ruins of Aphaia ,, the bus driver kept doing a high pitched whistle every time a car would drive by ,,, huh ,, we thought is he doing that with his mouth,, no way we thought,,, anyways I got to the top jumped out and walked to the pillars, the air was a crisp 95 degrees and about 35 percent humidity in the sun on top a mountain very REFRESHING I must say. 



I found nestled in the corner a tiny little museum, and found out the next bus is 15min or 3 hours so I walked quickly to the bus stop and chatted with the lovely ticket man. Well I got the same bus driver this time I sat in front so I could figure out this mysteries whistle sound,, he was so Sly doing it and then I just stared at him,, "I know a little uncomfortable but somebody had to do it," at last I saw his hand was on a bar on the left and he must have a tiny little itsy bitsy button because every time a cute girl or a fellow islander went by he would press that darn button,,

OK enough back to the beaches,,, I jumped out and there were no changing rooms so I finagled in to my swim suit gingerly outside in the open " this is quite a talent for no one to notice mind you" the water was crisp but once you submerged yourself it was blissful, then I walked down to a restaurant right on the water " literally  the chair legs were in the water" I have a picture to prove it. 









I ate the best calamari in the world, went swimming again, and at 7pm I decided to come to the real conclusion that the hotel is already paid for in Athens I must leave this day of rescue from the sun & heat,

No comments:

Post a Comment